How does it work?
The STMF4 Discovery board is a great solution and works fine.
- The firmware is a Coocox  Cortex-M4 project.
- The firmware provides an USB UART VCP device enumeration so that it works as UART serial port.
- UART parameters: 8 bit, no flow control, baud rate: 115200
- Pico-C is based on a project found on Internet, written by ...
- Meanwhile I have fixed some small issues in Pico-C and extended by some commands and features.
- The command line of Pico-C accepts C-like language statements, including variable definitions,
function calls such as printf etc.
- There are already commands to read/write memory and peripheral registers, but via C-scripting you can
extend and implement new functions and commands.
- You can add new features such as to open, read and write SD cards, to use board features and devices ...
Please find the ZIP with the project below (for Coocox).
The project is not really cleaned, it has much more file as needed and commented code intended to be used on other platforms.
In order to use it:
- You should have an UART terminal program, e.g. TeraTerm  or Hyperterm
- Potentially you have to install the STM UART VCP driver on the PC
Please, if you want to try, download the Cooxox project here.
Download picoc_Discovery project (2.4 MB)
If you have STM32 ST-LINK Utility  installed then you can download the image BIN file and flash directly
Download picoc_Discovery image (12 KB)
You should search for the STM USB UART VCP driver  for the PC, or try this:
Download STM UART VCP driver (12 KB)